CD/NLA Show COVID-19 Protocols
We recognize that attending an event during the COVID-19 pandemic presents unique challenges and risks.
We want you to know and understand the steps that are being taken to ensure your safety and mitigate the risk of COVID-19 transmission.
No safety plan or protocol can ensure a perfectly safe environment. There will always be variables that cannot be controlled, and risks that cannot be predicted. With those limitations in mind, we are taking extensive measures (above and beyond those currently recommended by public health agencies) to mitigate as many of those risks as possible.
Your informed participation is critical to the success of this strategy. For this reason, we want to spell out the reasoning behind our restrictions and protocols so that you can participate with the highest level of informed consent. This is a team effort. Welcome to the team!
Requirements and Protocols
Below are the protocols that will be in place for the CD/NLA Show at the Gaylord Texan.
In order to or pick up your badge if you are pre-registered or register onsite, all CD/NLA Show attendees and staff must:
- COVID-19 Vaccination: Show proof of being fully vaccinated (i.e. at least two weeks past the final vaccine shot) prior; or
- COVID-19 Testing Prior to Traveling to Gaylord Texan: Present the results of a negative COVID test within 72 hours; or
- Onsite COVID-19 Testing: Receive a negative COVID test onsite administered by a testing professional; or
- Local COVID-19 Testing Centers: Attendees and staff may utilize local COVID-19 testing centers to obtain proof of a negative COVID test
Vaccinations do several things for us from a viral density point of view. A vaccinated person is harder to infect which provides a heightened level of safety for the vaccinated person. In the event a vaccinated person does become infected, according to current research, they put out less virus into the environment when compared to an unvaccinated infected person. This lowers the risk for other people who happen to be in the same space. These two factors work in tandem to substantially lower our collective risk.
COVID-19 Testing Prior to Traveling to Gaylord Texan
If not fully vaccinated or not able to provide proof, attendees and staff will have the option of testing at a local testing site prior to traveling to the CD/NLA Show.
- This test must be taken no more than 72 hours before registering/picking up badge.
- Please ensure that the site you choose is capable returning results within this time frame.
- Proof of negative result must be shown to the event staff at registration in order to register/pick up badge
Onsite COVID-19 Testing:
For those who are unable to show proof of full vaccination or who do not show proof of a negative test within 72 hours of registering onsite/picking up badge, a limited number of daily onsite tests will be available on a first-come first-served basis.
- These tests will only be available for those attendees and staff who are either unable to show proof of full vaccination or who do not show proof of a negative test within 72 hours of registering onsite/picking up badge.
- The fee per onsite test is $50.
- If an attendee or staff member starts showing symptoms during the show, they may receive an onsite test pending availability or will be directed to a local testing facility.
Testing – Local Testing Centers
Local testing centers (CVS, Walgreens, etc.) may be utilized for a COVID test in the event that the supply of onsite tests has been exhausted or if the attendee or staff member chooses.
- Proof of negative test must be produced to register/pick up badge
Positive Test Protocol
In the event of a positive COVID-19 test; no attendee or staff member may travel to or be present at the event.
In the event of a positive onsite test the following protocols will be followed:
- The attendee or staff member will be isolated and a member of the event team will be contacted immediately.
- A room will be designated for this purpose.
- A second rapid test will be administered to confirm the results if requested.
- If the second test result is negative, a third test will be administered.
- The guest or staff member will no longer be required to isolate and will be able to return to the event with no restrictions if second and third test results are negative.
- If a positive test is confirmed, the following protocols will be followed:
- The person who tested positive must continue to be isolated from other guests or staff to the maximum extent possible. The person will work with the hotel security team on quarantine arrangements at their own cost.
- The CD/NLA Show will not be responsible for an individual’s expenses incurred due to a positive COVID-19 test result.
CD/NLA Show strongly suggests attendees, guests, and staff wear masks at all times during show hours due to the unavailability/impracticality of social distancing at times.
A limited number of surgical masks will be available at the registration area.